9/24/2008

Friends

If you went to Langston University during the years of 1996-2001 then you know who the man to the left is. That's Bryan Edward Hilburn. (Yeah, I had to put his middle name out there like that)

Wherever you saw Bryan you saw me and vice-versa. We were introduced to each other in the fall of 1996 at Langston University as freshmen. We immediately formed a bond. When I met Bryan he was not a believer and had been to church only a handful of times in his life.

However, he did believe that there was a a God, he just was not a follower of Jesus. I want to make that clear. He wasn't some atheist walking around saying there was no God. He actually had accepted the major tenants of Christianity, but surprisingly, no one had ever shared the gospel with him. That all changed in the spring of 1997. God saved him and he hasn't looked back since.

This man is my friend. We first pledged a Christian fraternity together. We pledged a secular fraternity together. We preached our first sermons on the same night. We're not even friends, we're brothers. We would pray together. I mean really pray. We fasted together. We even almost literally died together. (I'll have to tell you about that one day)

FAST FORWARD!!!!!

In October of 2002, I moved to Los Angeles. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) was working at Warner Bros. and met a young lady by the name of Tiffany Moore. About two or so years after that my wife's twin sister moved to Atlanta where Bryan was already staying. Not too long after that Tiffany moved to Atlanta from Los Angeles and stayed with my sister-in-law.

FAST FORWARD!!!!!

Then she met Bryan. (We won't say how, there is discrepancy between me and my sister-in-law over the referral fee) A year later they're married. Look at that wedding photo! Amazing! Couldn't have happened to two better people!

Love you guys!

No comments: