10/01/2008

Stop the Insanity

There are times when things are laughable, derisory, and just downright preposterous. Reason and logic have been abandoned for the changing tide and the sweeping winds of redundancy and the uncommon ability to avoid making any sense whatsoever.

This morning while I was making my normal commute to work I began to listen to KPCC 89.3 FM the NPR station here in Southern California. (also 89.9 FM) The host had Senator John McCain on to answer some questions about the bailout plan and his vice-presidential running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin. Here's a transcript of the interview. I am convinced that Senator McCain has mastered the art of telling a lie. Check out a portion of the interview.

NPR: Given what you’ve said Senator, is there an occasion where you could imagine turning to Governor Palin for advice in a foreign policy crisis.

MCCAIN: I’ve turned to her advice many times in the past, I can’t imagine turning to Senator Obama or Senator Biden because they’ve been wrong. They were wrong about Iraq, wrong about Russia –

I wonder how many times you have turned to her. Admittedly, you've only known her six weeks. After 27 years in the Senate, bi-partisan experience out the nose, a world traveler respected by numerous foreign leaders and you let someone you've known for six weeks advise you many times about foreign policy. I guess she sees more than Russia outside her window.

NPR: But would you turn to Governor Palin?

MCCAIN: I certainly wouldn’t turn to them, and I’ve already turned to Governor Palin particularly on energy issues and I’ve appreciated her background and knowledge on that and many other issues.

Wow! Couldn't and wouldn't answer the question, then just flat-out lies about this woman's importance in his campaign. He knows he has never asked her anything.

Folks if McCain is elected and dies...well my mother used to say, "You thought like "Lit". You gotta be REAL old school to know what I'm talking about to get that.

No comments: