10/25/2008

Revival This Week

Beginning Wednesday, October 29 - Friday, October 31 at 7pm nightly, I have the distinct and august privilege of conducting the fall revival at New Mt. Olive Baptist Church in Los Angeles, CA.

New Mt. Olive is led by a man of God who I've come to admire, Rev. Franklin Williams, M. Div. I first learned of him through my pastor and because of that a wonderful relationship has come into fruition. He and my pastor (Pastor Bobby Cain) are good friends and I praise God for the ecclesiastical connections.

What's interesting about this revival is that I did not find out about it until last night. Here's the story: I was on the phone with my former pastor in Oklahoma City (Dr. Levi L. Lenley, who is an absolute terror in the pulpit) and for more than 50 years he has criscrossed the U.S. preaching revivals and I wanted to ask him wise ways to enter that arena. Strangely enough it kept leaving my mind as new subjects arose and we traveled down memory lane. During our conversation, Rev. Jamain Lewis, an associate minister at New Mt. Olive called me repeatedly, but I did not want to break the conversation with my former pastor seeing that we have not had a chance to speak since I was in Oklahoma City last May.

After my conversation with Dr. Lenley I called Rev. Lewis back and lo and behold he tells me about his pastor's invitation to me to conduct a revival. I was floored at how God was working. It was already in my spirit about doing revivals, I was, quite honestly, attempting to open up my own door (the Abrahamic syndrome), but God in his faithfulness closed that door and opened up the door that he wanted me to go through.

So, if you're free 10/29-10-31 please stop by New Mt. Olive Baptist church at 448 E. 99th St. in Los Angeles. If you need further directions email me at the address on my profile. I humbly solicit your prayers.

1 comment:

Fitts said...

I will be praying all week for you and the church you will be ministering to!!!

I will try to make it on Friday!