4/13/2009

A Re-Awakening

It has been quite a while since I last posted a blog. I have literally been consumed by seminary papers, reading, family, church, work, the planning of my yearly conference, etc., and then I noticed that I had neglected the task of writing. This blog had become my outlet, in essence, my "fun" writing, and it was a timely stress reliever. Recently, I was rushed to the hospital for chest pains and numbness on my left side. The entire time all I could think about was Fred Sandford and "The Big One." Fortunately, it was not the "Big One" and the doctor informed me of some things that I knew and had consistently ignored for the past year, namely exercise and better eating habits. He discouraged a diet at this time, but did speak candidly about portion control.

Our bodies will not take care of themselves and it is not always the devil attacking us. We have to do what we are supposed to do. I just came back from walking a mile this morning and I'm glad that I had enough in me to get up and do it. I'll make my way up to at least three miles a day and then I'll join a a gym to begin toning and shaping. Contrary to popular belief, I still have a lot of muscle and don't really need the weights. It's going to be all cardio for me. Please pray for me that I don't get weary in well doing.

No comments: